Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ken Burns' The Civil War (1990)

Genre: Documentary

Running Time: 680 min

Plot: The chronicle of the most disastrous war in the United States History.

Review: This was made for T.V. and is over four hours long, but entirely worth watching. Ken Burns did a wonderful job as a neutral filmmaker showing the perspective and emotions from both the North and South. Instead of filming corny reenactments like a bad Halloween party, Burns put together wonder narratives and real photos describing the lives of real soldiers. If you are a fan of history or war, this is one of the best documentaries ever made.

Quote you might say after watching this: "I wish I knew this existed while I had to write all of my Civil War papers while I was in school."

Bottled Youth Movie Review Rating: 10/10 bottles

No comments:

Post a Comment